Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Motif Ten



This is another pattern of mine I call "graduated circle." I use it mainly for earrings, but here I used it in a pendant for a tatting exchange run by Mary Donahue. I understand she is going to be retiring soon after organizing so many successful exchanges. It has been a wonderful experience to share tatting with other tatters and how great to have someone willing to organize all of that work. A big "thank you" to Mary - we will miss her terribly!

So far, much of this blog has been my own patterns, but ones I have been using a long time. Again I bemoan the fact that I just have no time to sit down and try to design something new - it's all I can do to keep up with the tatting itself. There are some things floating around in my brain I would really like to work on too! Especially some abstract/asymmetrical/let the shuttle go where it will types of designs. I have some drawings but have not picked the shuttle up yet to try and adapt my ideas and visions into thread. Some day...

5 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

The necklace is beautiful! You have created some really lovely pieces!

Tattycat said...

Very pretty. I can't imagine you designing anything in the future that's any more lovely!

Marilee Rockley said...

Your things are so gorgeous it's no wonder they are so popular!

Elizabeth said...

Thank you so much for the kind compliments, everyone!

Marilee Rockley said...

I am "tagging" you, Elizabeth! Hope you don't mind. You can see the rules for this thing (it's been going around) at my blog post for Oct. 22.
Marilee