Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fall

One of my favorite things about living in Pennsylvania is fall.  Cooler temperatures, beautiful leaves, Steeler's football, apples, cider, pumpkins, mums - I just love the season.  So when September comes around, I pull out all my orange and other fall-friendly threads and my tatting takes on a distinctly fall flavor.

This is Rosemarie Peel's small Celtic motif from "Tatting for Pleasure." I love this design - especially with beads.  I've been wearing this one myself to celebrate fall's arrival.


Next - my pumpkin earrings, slightly updated this year based on the fact I've discovered some different findings and decided I liked the tatted pearl better turned upside-down. (There really isn't a right way up I just had decided in my own head which side was the top and now I've changed my mind - at least for the pumpkins.) :-)


I've also been playing with Yarnplayer's new "Small Maple Leaf" pattern.  Love, love, LOVE this clever little pattern!  The pattern is written so well, it works up relatively quickly, and it looks just like a maple leaf.  Yarnplayer is a very talented designer.


That's all the tatting for this past week - I've been studying for the first section of the CPA exam which I will be taking this coming Saturday.  Say a prayer for me!

Blessings,

20 comments:

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Hi Elizabeth, I agree with you on the fall season in Pennsylvania. The Steelers are on right now and they just kicked a field goal. GO STEELERS!!

Your celtic motif looks fantastic in this color and with the beads. I like making this motif too and your little pumpkin earrings are too cute!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Elizabeth, your tatting is beautiful as always! I miss autumn in Pennsylvania, and I haven't lived there since 1965. I do remember all the beautiful colors, though!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Another fellow Pennsylvanian chiming in (during the Steeler game) to echo your and Carol's sentiments! This is definitely my favorite time of the year! Summer used to be, but now in my 'older' years, I can't take the heat and humidity.

It's always such a treat to see your wonderful creations, and all of these are beautiful! Your tatting, as usual, is perfect, and the beads add your usual elegant touch. Also, the beaded necklace for the Rosemary Peel pendant is gorgeous, as is the clever addition of the leaf.

Your photographs are also beautiful!

Good luck with your exams! I have every confidence in you!

Heather of Tatted Treasures said...

Elizabeth, these are beautiful. I especially love the pumpkin earrings! Such a great design. Thanks for sharing.

Corina said...

Very pretty tatting!

csipkelelkű said...

Lovely. I've never been in Pennsylvania, but by your tatting I can see its colours, feel the smell of pumpkins, apples and leaves. Thank you!

Good luck for your exam! :)

Frivole said...

Elizabeth, I always admire your tatting! Could you please tell me which threads you used to tat your maple leaves? I love the variegated russet colours and the purple-green one. Thank you!

God's Kid said...

What a gorgeous start to fall! :)

Anonymous said...

Pretty and fun tatting! Wish you well and prayers on your exams! From fellow PA. Ellie

Anonymous said...

Pretty! I love the colors!!

Margarets designer cards said...

I love your pumpkin earrings, brilliant, and the necklace beautiful, I understand the fall over the pond is a sight not to be missed, hopefully one day I will get to see it, Autumn is coming very quickly here too, hoping we do not get a long winter.
Margaret

Suztats said...

Oooh, lovely tatting! I love the celtic motif and leaf pendant, and your pumpkin earrings!

Marilee Rockley said...

Exquisite photos!
Love them all!
Your added details of just the right beads, findings, etc., really bring a high level of sophistication to tatted jewelry.

Stacy Christian said...

The necklace is beautiful! My 9yo saw it and the lust began.

Fox said...

I must have missed this. Everything is gorgeous!

Hope your exam went well.
Fox : )

Bente Simone said...

beautiful! love the ear rings

Unknown said...

Oh I love the necklace with the leaf! Beautiful work!

Unknown said...

Your tatting is so pretty and neat looking. And I love the colors!

Lusia said...

Przepiękne prace na Twoim blogu a biżuteria rewelacja;)))Pozdrawiam i zapraszam do siebie.

Aggie said...

Hello, I was just passing by net websites when I saw your blog. You're making wonderful work. I just love your tatting sweet little things:)
If you want, I invite you to visit my blog http://szydelkoagusi.blogspot.com/

Best regards