Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Motif Twenty-Three

I am almost done with the 25 motif challenge! It took me long enough. I've already decided to start again at one when done with these 25, in the effort to keep myself motivated to come up with new designs.

This one incorporates two of my original designs, a flower and a small butterfly. This is the second one I've done, although the first was in a different color scheme. I am already planning another one in yet another color. I like doing this pattern in the solid colored flower with variegated butterflies. The first one was a flower in sage with lavender beads and sage/lavender/gold butterflies. I'm not sure what color scheme I'll use for the next - I'll have to check my HDT stash! I've obtained one of Yarnplayer's coordinating mini-skein sets, so I may have to do a watermelon tourmaline color scheme; maybe a lovely plum flower with the pink/green/plum butterflies. I'm ready to whip out the shuttles!


Some designs are once and done for me. Either I don't like it once it turns out or the logistics of the design are difficult and cumbersome. This one I really enjoy doing, and to top it off - both this one and the previous one made in the other color scheme went home with happy customers, so this design is a definite keeper!


12 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very pretty! I love the color combination!

Marilee Rockley said...

This is absolutely stunning - design, color, beads, and all!

Unknown said...

Exquisite, as always.

Tattycat said...

Very nice indeed. Your work is always so lovely.

OmonSan said...

What lovely colors! And your work is excellent!

Ais said...

Hi! I love your designs! And each and every piece is exquisite!

Stephanie said...

Hello Elizabeth! Your jewelry pieces are absolutely stunning. You tatting is the prettiest I've ever come across.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

I've tried to leave a comment here three times already! Arghh
Here goes again:
Very lovely! I always look forward to your posts!

Debbie S. said...

Oh, I am having fun reading your blog posts! :)

Shay said...

I am running out of things to say about your work; this one is another stunner!

Kathy Raker said...

I just came across your blog and I am so glad I did. Your work is beautiful! I love the little decorated motifs. They would be perfect for crazy quilts. I am learning to shuttle tatt. Learning via research on the internet and a few new tatting friends via their blogs. I don't know anyone local who knows how.