Thursday, October 1, 2009

Look What I Found

I had my first accounting exam this past Sunday - I got 100% on it! Yay! It helps to have worked in the industry for the past few years, but I did also study like crazy. I was so nervous as it was the first exam I had taken in about 20 years.

That isn't the most exciting part of the story, though.  After my exam I took a little trip over to JoAnn Fabrics in search of cabone rings.  Although I did find some of those, the real find was stitch markers (for knitting)  which come in even smaller sizes and are much thinner!  See the picture below - the top two ring sets are what I'm talking about, and the bottom rings are regular cabone rings (click on the picture to get a real close up view of the sizes).



OK, I know they are weird colors, but I'm hoping the tatting will cover that up.  I mean, in my taupe and brown pieces the rings are white, but the ring is well hidden by the thread so you don't notice the color difference. I haven't had a chance to try any of them yet, but will try to post some pics once I get to it.


4 comments:

TatForFun said...

Congrats with your exam! I also work in accountant field and I think, with all the rules and interpretation...to get 100% is just outstanding ^_^

I also had a hard time finding the cabone ring in local store. And after at last; accidently found them, they're coming with cheesy pink and green color!! Like it's the worst pink and green -I've ever seen-color...LOL Thank's a lot my threads aren't transparant ^_^

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I pick up stitch markers all the time (I can never find them when I need them), but I never thought of using them in place of cabone rings. Thanks for the idea!

Tat-a-Renda said...

Congratulations on getting the 100%, and good for you on finding the rings. Yes, any kind of rings in any colour can work. Even if you dont completely cover up the rings, it should be able to blend well with matching thread or HDTs.

I have seen the stitch markers in my local craft shop but have not tried using them. I am afraid they will break because I tend to pull my stitches tightly when working with rings.

Fox said...

Just saw this! Congratulations! Way to go!
Fox : ))